In Kind Donations
All too often, domestic violence survivors escape an abusive household with little more than the clothes on their backs. They are hungry; they are tired; they need basic supplies for themselves and their children. Help SAFE meet the most immediate needs of our clients by donating items for our shelter and our intake centers.
The list below includes some of our most chronic needs. Please visit our Amazon Wish List to send your gift directly to SAFE.
If you are interested in hosting a donation drive at your school or office, or would like to schedule a donation drop-off, please contact contact us at 202-879-0402 or via email.
We welcome the following new/gently used items. No clothing please!
- pre-paid Metro farecards
- pre-paid gift cards: Giant & Target are most useful
- new/gently used vacuums in good working condition
- small side tables
- household cleaning supplies: Swiffer wet mop pads, glass cleaner, paper towels, multi-purpose cleaner, brooms & dust pans
- paper towels and toilet paper
- trash cans (kitchen, bath and bedroom)
- DVD/VHS players (used or new)
- TVs or TV/DVD combos (preferably on the smaller side)
- bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths
- twin/full sized bedsheets
- cups (preferably sturdy/plastic tumblers), bowls, plates, silverware
- dish drying racks with plastic liner
- children’s toys (all ages)
- sofas and loveseats (new or gently used)
- twin/full boxsprings
- lamps (floor or table) & light bulbs
- plastic storage bins for toys
- meals-in-a-box like Hamburger Helper or Mac’n’Cheese; canned soup is also ideal – anything that requires few additional ingredients to prepare
- kid-friendly snacks – granola bars, crackers, mini-bottles of water or juice
- pallets of bottled water
- used cell phones (working condition, wiped of data)
***Due to storage limitations, we are not able to accept clothing donations. Please contact Martha’s Table for clothing donations.***