DC SAFE welcomes your gently used or new in-kind donations.
As we approach the winter season, please consider donating from our Critical Needs Wish List. You may also visit our Amazon Wish List to purchase and donate needed items.
- Pre-paid Metro SmartTrip cards
- Gift cards to stores (Safeway, Giant, Target, Walmart)
- Gift cards to chain fast casual and fast food restaurants (McDonald’s, Chipotle, etc.)
- Non-perishable food (soups, tuna packets, macaroni and cheese, microwavable meals)
- Shelf-stable snacks (granola bars, crackers, chips)
- Bottled water and juice
Personal Care Items
- Diapers and baby wipes
- Unopened baby formula
- New baby onsies
- Unopened shampoo and soap (travel size and family size)
- Unopened toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Feminine hygiene products
- New undergarments for children (all sizes)
- New socks for children (all sizes)
- New winter accessories, men’s women’s, and children’s (gloves, hats, and scarves)
- Cleaning supplies (disinfectant wipes, sprays, etc.)
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- New towels
- New bed sheets, blankets, and pillows
- Bedbug mattress and pillow covers (twin and full sizes)
- Plastic storage bins
- Manual can openers
- Pots and pans/cooking utensils
- Laundry detergent
Click here for instructions on delivering donated goods.
Organizing a group donation drive, or have questions? Please email us or call 202-506-2901.
Due to storage limitations, we are ONLY able to accept clothing items listed on our Critical Needs Wish List.